Welcome to 2019! Here is your weekly dose of all things FrontRunners:
Thanks/Recap From Last Week:
First, let's address the decision to sell our competitive SFFR team to Nike. It's not personal. It's business, and I thank SFFR for my new Tesla...... APRIL FOOLS! It's actually a Mercedes.
What's up SFFR? It's getting warmer, and there's still light out in the evening. Did you know our PRIDE Run registration is up now? Click HERE for more information.
1) Movie Night hosted by Dave Parker - The Sum of Us on April 5th, 7pm -10pm
A widowed father has to deal with two complex issues: while he is searching for "Miss Right," his son, who is in his 20s and gay, is searching for "Mr. Right." Check calendar link HERE for details.
2) Presidio 10 Race with TEAM SFFR on April 14th, Sunday
Come represent and race with Team SFFR. We will warm-up, race, and brunch (our favorite activity) together. Please purchase a racing singlet and/or shorts if you haven't already. Team gear is available every Saturday to try on or at the event.
This is our 4th circuit event of the year so far. Times will be recorded for the record book.
Warm up time and brunch location TBD. Email sffr.org if you want to be our designated photographer. Click HERE to register for the race.
3) Pride Run Sponsorship Soirée- May 4 from 6-9 pm
Pride Run season is upon us! Please mark your calendar for a series of SUPER AWESOME events starting with our Pride Run Sponsorship Soirée in the Castro on Saturday, May 4 from 6-9pm. Invitations will be out soon!
On The Horizon - Upcoming SFFR News/Events Beyond This Week
Do you have a burning itch to add something to the newsletter? Well, SFFR will now take submissions!
If you are interested in submitting an event to the newsletter, please click here!
Have A Suggestion? Share It With The Board!
Tell us what we can improve or what fun event the club can put on or attend: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!
Members' Call Out!
1) PRIDE Run- Understudies NEEDED! Garrett H. and Christian V. have played key roles in our annual PRIDE Runs. Both have served on the PRIDE Run committee for many consecutive years. They are looking to make a smooth exit but need at least two understudies to pass the baton. If you are looking to play a vital role in our iconic annual PRIDE Run, please email email@example.com!
2) Old Running Shoe Donation- April 6th, Saturday morning run. Running shoes are collected several times a year and donated to Community Thrift 623 Valencia St SF with the beneficiary assigned to BARS. Bring them to the Saturday run and place them in the Footlocker. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Enjoy your week!
*** PRESIDIO 10 DISCOUNT*** Use promo code "FACEBOOK" to receive a discount. Remember our racing team is doing the 10 MILE run.
*** BAY TO BREAKERS TEAM DISCOUNT*** Use promo code "SFFR5" to receive a SFFR discount. I managed to persuade the manager (wink*).
***SAN FRANCISCO MARATHON DISCOUNT*** Will work for all distances. Use promo code "FITNESSSF" for 15% off. Building those connections, yo.
Members' Race Results Outside the Circuit (past month)
|Chad Slife||Caesar Rodney Half Marathon||Half Marathon||1:33:58|