Welcome to 2019! Here is your weekly dose of all things FrontRunners:
Thanks/Recap From Last Week:
How is everyone doing? Building that strong base? We are fast approaching Pride month! I personally want to thank everyone who checked up on my ankle injury. You've made being president all worth it :)
Thank you to those who supported and participated in the Easter Bonnet Run.
What's up SFFR? It's getting warmer, and there's still light out in the evening. Did you know our PRIDE Run registration is up now? Click HERE for more information.
1) In Memoriam - Gardner Pond- 4/27 @9 am (Sat. morning run)
Moment of Silence for SF FrontRunner co-founder Gardner Pond - The Board will honor the memory of Gardner Pond, who passed away at 91 on April 8 at our 1st circle gathering. For details on SFFR Club history - learn how Gardner and Jack Baker started the Club in 1974, check out HERE.
2) May Movie Night hosted by Alex Soejarto -The Way He Looks- May 3@ 7-10 pm
A fun and tender story about friendship and the complications of young love. Leo is a blind teenager who's fed up with his overprotective mother and the bullies at school. The movie will be shown at the small movie theater located at 333 Market. Click HERE for details and RSVP date. BYOB advised.
3) Pride Run Sponsorship Soirée- May 4 from 6-9 pm
Come party, eat, drink, and socialize as we celebrate the 40th annual San Francisco FrontRunners Pride Run at our annual Sponsorship Party! We will be contributing as a charity to our 2019 beneficiary, Gender Spectrum. All guests will enjoy a light dinner, drinks (wine, beer, and soft drinks), and time to build community. For questions contact Chad Slife, SFFR Vice President and 2019 Race Director, at email@example.com.
On The Horizon - Upcoming SFFR News/Events Beyond This Week
Do you have a burning itch to add something to the newsletter? Well, SFFR will now take submissions!
If you are interested in submitting an event to the newsletter, please click here!
Have A Suggestion? Share It With The Board!
Tell us what we can improve or what fun event the club can put on or attend: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!
Members' Call Out!
1) PRIDE Run- Understudies NEEDED! Garrett H. and Christian V. have played key roles in our annual PRIDE Runs. Both have served on the PRIDE Run committee for many consecutive years. They are looking to make a smooth exit but need at least two understudies to pass the baton. If you are looking to play a vital role in our iconic annual PRIDE Run, please email email@example.com!
2) Old Running Shoe Donation- April 6th, Saturday morning run. Running shoes are collected several times a year and donated to Community Thrift 623 Valencia St SF with the beneficiary assigned to BARS. Bring them to the Saturday run and place them in the Footlocker. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Enjoy your week!
*** BAY TO BREAKERS TEAM DISCOUNT*** Use promo code "SFFR5" to receive a SFFR discount. I managed to persuade the manager (wink*).
***SAN FRANCISCO MARATHON DISCOUNT*** Will work for all distances. Use promo code "FITNESSSF" for 15% off. Building those connections, yo.
Members' Race Results Outside the Circuit (past month)